The Education Aboard Network is looking for an accounting intern based in our Chicago head office. The most suitable candidate will be someone pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field of study and having some previous experience in Quickbooks. This position provides support to the accounting team – Accounts Payable. You will gain the skills and experience that is necessary to prepare yourself for a career in accounting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Process payments and documents such as invoices, employee reimbursements and credit card charges
- Enter invoices, employee expenses and credit card charges into Quickbooks
- Monthly collect Credit Card expense spreadsheets and check receipts against spreadsheets
- Track individual employees on who are due and update the status
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other related field of study
- Previous experience in Quickbooks strongly preferred
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks / time management
- Computer skills required (Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication (Written and Oral)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Positive, helpful and friendly attitude
- Comfortable working in small office environment
- Prior study abroad or international travel experience strongly preferred
- Willing to work a minimum of flexible 20-25 hours/week throughout the school year and 30/40 hours a week during the summer, through December 2016 at a minimum
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Jessica Yu, Accountant at email@example.com. No phone calls.
About The Education Abroad Network
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific that provide unforgettable experiences and unbeatable value. We offer students meaningful journeys abroad that not only meet high academic standards, but are culturally engaging, tailored to individual students’ interests and, of course, full of adventure. We also think of everything. With more than 20 years of welcoming students to Asia Pacific and a dedicated on-the-ground staff, we’re experts at what we do and have strong partnerships with more than 30 leading universities throughout the region.