Looking to study abroad this summer? We have some options for you, including these 5 … Read more
Singapore Management University
Spend a semester in Singapore at Singapore Management University where you have the unique opportunity to experience the city-state’s diverse and vibrant culture while enrolling at one of Asia’s top business schools – its accounting and finance, as well as business and management programs are ranked 50th globally. The modern campus is conveniently located in the city center within easy distance of art galleries, cafes, restaurants and shops.
Study at Singapore Management University, one of the youngest institutions in the world to acquire AACSB and EQUIS accreditation
Explore your potential for a business career in Asia with inside knowledge and experience
Learn and live in Singapore - an English-speaking Asian city
Jump into discovering Singapore right from the start and delve the local culture with our comprehensive four-day Orientation Program - we’ll show you all you need to know and have lots of fun while we’re at it
Live in off-campus apartments conveniently located within walking distance to campus and with easy access to trains and buses to explore the entire city
Explore both East and Southeast Asia conveniently and inexpensively from the centrally located country of Singapore
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Singapore Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
The moment you step off the plane in this buzzing Southeast Asian city-state, you will be immersed in Singaporean culture. Spend three days learning about the traditions and customs of this thriving metropolis while covering the basics – Orientation combines informational sessions focusing on academic differences, cultural events and activities, and practical advice for your interactions and experience in Singapore.
SMU also provide a three day University and city Orientation.
Students live in off-campus apartments within close walking distance to campus, and within easy access of trains and buses to take you all over the city. A feature of our program is an integrated housing policy with students sharing their apartment with other visiting students at SMU to promote more cultural exchange. The apartment complex includes a pool, tennis court, on-site laundry, TV room, cafes and a small fitness room. Students will be responsible for their own meals and cooking. Utilities and Internet are included.
Throughout the program, TEAN’s Resident Director in Singapore provides ongoing support services via informal catch ups, meals and cultural activities. When students find themselves a bit confused by cultural, academic and social differences, our Resident Director is ready to assist and provide support.
While academics are of top priority, TEAN also emphasizes exploring and immersing yourself in your host city. Our local staff arrange various activities during the semester designed to help immerse you in the local culture. These activities are included in your semester program. In addition, if you have a specific interest or hobby, your Singapore-based TEAN Resident Director will be able to point you in the right direction. Note that activities change each semester based on the interests of the TEAN group.
- Founded in 2000 with collaboration from world-class institutions, Singapore Management University is one of the youngest institutions in the world to achieve both AACSB and EQUIS accreditations.
- Ranked 50th in the world for both accounting and finance, and business and management by the QS World University subject rankings 2015.
- With an emphasis on globalization, SMU features full-time faculty members and industry practitioners from representing more than 30 different nationalities and 84% of the university’s full-time students have gone on their own overseas program.
- SMU’s seminar-style approach keeps classes small stimulating interaction and critical thinking.
- Located in the center of the city, SMU’s campus is cosmopolitan (think NYU) and features coffee shops, a library, reading rooms, art studios, sports hall, gymnasium and swimming pool.
- SMU has more than 160 special interest groups to help participants integrate with other local and international students.
Academic Departments and Schools at Singapore Management University are divided into six academic divisions: Accountancy; Business; Economics; Information Systems; Law; Social Sciences.
Courses are available in the below disciplines. You can also refer to the Singapore Management University online course catalog for a listing of all courses. Students enroll in 3 – 4 subjects per semester (3 – 4 SMU credits) which usually transfer as 12 – 16 U.S. semester credits. Each course has 39 contact hours so depending on your home university, each course may be worth either 3 or 4 credits. It may be possible to take five classes, but that must be approved by SMU and your home university.
|Communications & Media||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
- 3.0 GPA.
- Sophomore standing at a four-year degree-granting institution at the time of enrollment.
|Arrival Date||Dec 28, 2016|
|University Orientation||Dec 30|
|TEAN Orientation||Dec 29, 31||Jan 1|
|Classes Begin||Jan 2|
|Semester Break||Feb 20||Feb 26|
|Program Ends||Apr 23|
|Date of Departure||Aug 8|
|Arrive in Singapore||Aug 9|
|TEAN Orientation||Aug 9||Aug 11|
|University Orientation||Aug 12|
|Classes Begin||Aug 15|
|Semester Break||Oct 3||Oct 9|
|Program Ends||Dec 5|
Fees & Inclusions
- Tuition: $11,650*
- Program Fees & Housing: $5,975
- Tuition: $11,650*
- Program Fees & Housing: $5,975
*There is also an option for students to take three courses for a reduced tuition price of $9,600. Choosing this option requires special approval from your home university to take only three courses.
- Full tuition
- Guaranteed, pre-arranged housing
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of a local Resident Director
- Four-day Orientation Program with meals, accommodations and transportation
- Technology package including local cell phone and Internet access
- Optional weekend field trips to cultural sites of interest
- Travel arrangements and advice
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Student visa preparation assistance
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception
- Arrival packet containing local information about host city and university
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,100)
- Student visa ($80)
- Meals during the semester ($1,600)
- Airport transfer at end of semester ($25)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
In addition to the current financial aid you receive, you may want to consider one of our many scholarships. Each year we award thousands of scholarship dollars to qualified program participants. Refer to our Scholarships information for details.
We Love Singapore
Resident Director - Singapore
Singapore Art Museum
Get up to your ears in art at Singapore Art Museum. Art hounds can easily spend an entire afternoon getting sucked into Singapore Art Museum. With a strong focus on Singaporean and Southeast Asian artists, the museum’s special exhibitions never fail to leave one inspired.
Senior Program Manager
Gardens by the Bay
Stroll through Gardens by the Bay -the gigantic waterfront garden has a cool, futuristic feel and plenty of exotic plants making it a wonderful spot for a leisurely walk. Must-see parts include the Flower Dome, which focuses on Mediterranean flora, and the Cloud Forest, a misty tropical wonderland with a roaring indoor waterfall (the tallest in the world).
From the Blog
We want to give you a fun bonus adventure for applying early! All Thailand, South … Read more