The Education Abroad Network has an opening for a Program Manager based in our Chicago head office. The Education Abroad Network’s primary clients are college students interested in studying abroad. The most suitable candidate for this position will believe in the life-changing capacity of studying abroad and embrace that statement with total enthusiasm. As a member of the Program Management team, this person will be responsible for recruiting and converting new student inquiries via on campus recruitment events and in-office telephone/email, as well as assisting enrolled participants with program-related questions, application procedures and other tasks, treating every student like family, as they prepare to study abroad on one of our programs to Australia, New Zealand and/or Asia.
- Recruit, screen, and refer student candidates for study abroad opportunities.
- Build and maintain a relationship with students and parents throughout the entire study abroad experience, including advising on academic, travel, and accommodation options.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of TEAN offerings in order to accurately advise students and parents.
- Answer student and parent questions and provide excellent customer service either in person or via telephone and email.
- Timely collection of receivables and provide students and parents information on alternative payment plans.
- Assist in aspects of advertising and marketing our programs to students and universities.
- Occasional travel during college semesters for on-campus recruitment and promoting TEAN programs to prospective students.
- International travel for orientation assistance, program research, development and training at partner universities.
- Help guide students through our 6-step process which includes choosing courses, booking flights, securing accommodation and completing contracts.
- Research and develop current and future study abroad programs in collaboration with Company Directors.
- Work closely with international universities and organizations for programming purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in international education preferred
- Prior study abroad or international travel experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) including outstanding phone manner
- Positive, helpful and friendly attitude
- A willingness to take on new tasks outside of the given job description
- Comfortable working in a small, open office environment
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks / Time management
- Able to handle lifting 30lb brochure boxes
- Passion for study abroad/international travel
- Ability to undertake domestic and international travel as required
- Valid passport
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to John Yocum, Manager of Enrollment (email@example.com). The cover letter should address our Company Core Values as listed on our website. No phone calls.
You will also need to submit a video interview to help us to get to know you better. Please go here for instructions.