The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is looking for an intern to be based in our Chicago headquarters during the spring semester. The most suitable candidate will be an undergraduate or recent graduate who has studied abroad. This position provides mainly administrative support to the programs team. This is an ideal role for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in study abroad and international education after graduation. You will gain exposure and start to develop skills across multiple areas of the company and this industry. Interns will be expected to work 16 hours per week in the office.
- Administrative support for Program Managers in the processing of student applications (Includes but not limited to scanning & uploading documents; preparing materials to be sent to students; processing student applications; registration of student passports with US Embassies abroad; processing of overseas transcripts; research projects)
- Developing knowledge of TEAN offerings and company processes
- Answering and directing incoming calls
- Assist regionally based staff with various outgoing shipments for events as well as research projects
- General office clerical duties including but not limited to processing, sorting and logging all incoming mail daily; maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system; and maintaining office supplies
- Assist in management of company-wide projects/events that may require work outside normal business hours
- Create an independent research project focusing on one area in the field of international education that you are interested in or want to learn more about
- Bachelor’s degree completed or in process
- Computer skills required (Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication (written and oral)
- Experience answering phones and directing calls, including outstanding phone manners and customer service
- Positive, helpful and friendly attitude
- Comfortable working in small office environment
- Team player, with ability to work autonomously
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks / time management
- Familiar with and an active user of social media
- Prior study abroad or international travel experience desirable
- Able to handle lifting 50lb brochure boxes
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Molly Laycob, Assistant Program Manager (email@example.com). No phone calls. The deadline for submission is January 15, 2019.
About the Education Abroad Network
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific that provide unforgettable experiences and unbeatable value. We offer students meaningful journeys abroad that not only meet high academic standards, but are culturally engaging, tailored to individual students’ interests and, of course, full of adventure. We also think of everything. With more than 20 years of welcoming students to Asia Pacific and a dedicated on-the-ground staff, we’re experts at what we do and have strong partnerships with more than 30 leading universities throughout the region.