The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) invites applications for a paid internship based in our Chicago headquarters August – November 2019. The most suitable candidate will be a recent graduate or young professional who has studied abroad and has an interest in pursuing a career in international education. This position will mainly provide administrative and travel support to the Regional Directors team, with support for programming as needed. Interns will be expected to work 40 hours per week in the Chicago office with extensive domestic overnight travel September through November.
- Administrative support for Regional Directors. Tasks may include, but are not limited to, university research, database management (list pulling), general university outreach, and managing and packing various outgoing shipments for events
- Domestic travel support. Represent TEAN at university study abroad fairs across the country
- Develop knowledge of TEAN offerings and company processes
- Assist in company-wide projects/events that may require work outside normal business hours
- Bachelor’s degree (completed by start of position)
- Computer skills required (Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Positive, helpful and friendly attitude
- Ability to travel weekly from September – November
- Organization skills to manage logistics of travel
- Comfortable working in a small office environment
- Team player, with ability to work autonomously
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks / time management
- Prior study abroad or international travel experience desirable
- Ability to pack and lift 40lb brochure boxes
- Passion for study abroad / international travel
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to Russ Alexander (email@example.com). No phone calls.
About The Education Abroad Network:
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) is a full-service international education provider specializing in immersive study and internship programs throughout Asia Pacific that provide unforgettable experiences and unbeatable value. We offer students meaningful journeys abroad that not only meet high academic standards, but are culturally engaging, tailored to individual students’ interests and, of course, full of adventure. We also think of everything. With more than 20 years of welcoming students to Asia Pacific and a dedicated on-the-ground staff, we’re experts at what we do and have strong partnerships with more than 30 leading universities throughout the region.