Let’s talk money. One of the biggest things holding people back when they think about … Read more
Study in Seoul at one of Korea’s leading private universities that’s known for its stunning urban campus and on par with the Ivy League schools in the U.S. Here students will have the opportunity to live in a vibrant capital city that blends high-tech modernity with ancient culture like no other. While studying a range of courses in English, students will also discover more about life in Korea by pairing up with a Korean student over the course of the semester for an even more immersive and local experience.
Benefit from the unique experience of studying at one of Asia’s top universities, Korea University, taking classes alongside both Korean and fellow international students
Live on-campus in Korea University's international student dorms (twin-share)
Approximately 40% of the courses taught at Korea University are taught in English, so you can be sure that you’ll have plenty of options in order to stay on track for graduation
Live in Seoul, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place that combines cutting-edge technology, nature and ancient history like no other
Participate in TEAN’s exclusive on-site orientation in Seoul. You’ll get to know the city, learn about Korea’s rich history, and have an adventure or two all while getting adjusted to your new home
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Seoul Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
Jump into your new life in Seoul with a four-day Orientation program from TEAN covering how to get around town, Korea’s intriguing culture and everything in between. Throughout the first couple of days in country participants will have the opportunity to meet their fellow TEAN classmates while discovering some of the most interesting sites in Seoul and experiencing Korean delicious cuisine.
Students are guaranteed on-campus housing in Seoul. The on-campus dorm is a usually twin share room, but can also be a triple or single room depending on KU’s allocations. There are kitchens available to use in each dorm and a common study space or lounge on each floor. Utilities and WiFi are included.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in South Korea, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Throughout your semester you will meet with the Seoul Resident Director for informal discussions and cultural activities. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.Meet the Team
TEAN Cultural Events
Our local staff arrange various activities during the semester designed to help immerse you in the local culture. These activities are included in your semester program. In the past they have included an overnight stay at a Buddhist temple, a Korean cooking class and a tour of Dae Jang Geum Park, an outdoor film set used for many K Dramas!
Your program also includes a weekend excursion to Busan, the second largest city in South Korea that is known for its natural beauty.
About Korea University
- Established in 1905, Korea University is a member of the prestigious group of SKY universities in Korea, similar to the Ivy League in the U.S.
- Korea University is ranked 51st in the world for Social Sciences and Management based on the QS World University Rankings 2020.
- Korea University’s Business School is the first and only business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
- A private institution, Korea University boasts a beautifully manicured campus with award-winning architecture that combines classic and modern styles and is considered to be one of the most attractive campuses in South Korea.
Korea University is a traditional campus located in the Anam neighborhood of Seoul’s Seongbuk district, 3 miles from the city center. Visit the google map link below to see the location.View Map
Approximately 40% of courses at Korea University are taught in English, providing access to a comprehensive array of academic disciplines. Korean Language courses are offered every semester at six different levels.
Courses are available in English in the below disciplines. Students enroll in 4–5 subjects per semester (3 credits), which usually transfers as 12-15 U.S. semester credits. You can view the courses that were offered in English during the last spring semester here and the last fall semester here. You can also visit the Korea University online course catalog for a listing of all courses offered (in Korean and English) and download course syllabi.
|Communications & Media||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
|Visual and Performing Arts, & Design||
- 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of application.
- If you have recently transferred to a new four-year institution, you need to have completed at least one semester at your new school
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from June for Spring applications, and from January for Fall applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Spring Deadline||Oct 18|
|Fall Deadline||April 19|
|Arrival Date||Feb 7|
|Mandatory Quarantine||Feb 7||Feb 21|
|Housing Move-In||Feb 21|
|University Orientation||Feb 24||Feb 25|
|Classes Begin||March 2|
|Program Ends||June 21|
|Arrival Date||Late Aug|
Fees & Inclusions
Tuition, program fees and on-campus housing: $12,695*
Housing in on-campus in shared double room
*This includes the mandatory 14-day quarantine accommodation with meals upon arrival.
Tuition, program fees and on-campus housing: $12,650
Housing in on-campus in shared double room
- Full tuition (4-5 courses)
- On-campus international student accommodation
- Comprehensive overseas health insurance
- Services of local Resident Directors
- Orientation Program with meals, accommodations and transportation
- Local SIM card
- Access to our recommended travel agent to assist with booking flights
- Busan weekend excursion
- Cultural events and TEAN catch ups during the semester
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Help with student visa preparation
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,200)
- Student visa ($100)
- Books ($200)
- Meals during the semester ($1,600)
- Travel insurance ($350)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Apply for TEAN scholarships – starting at $1,000 – for the chance to receive money specifically for studying abroad. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!
"Korea has really changed my life!"
"My experience with TEAN in South Korea was easily one of the most memorable in my life."
We Love Seoul
Student Service Manager - Seoul
The Insadong district will offer a traditional Korean fix between all of the shops and nearby Bukchon Hanok village. This is an ideal neighborhood for a Korean feast and souvenir shopping. Here you will easily find dishes such as ginseng chicken with black rice and soybean paste stew – a TEAN staff favorite – and a wide variety of authentic kimchi.
The Hongdae neighborhood is the center of nightlife for college students in Seoul – you’ll likely make some new friends from all over the world hanging out in Hongdae Park. Try to catch one of the many cool events, like Silent Discos that take place very frequently right inside the playground area. All throughout the city you’ll randomly come across a street performance or a parade of some sort but Hongdae is an especially great area for interesting activities and delicious street food.