When traveling to new countries the first and, in my opinion, best way to gain … Read more
Semester in Vietnam
Study at the first international university in Vietnam while living in the country’s vibrant, multicultural heart of Ho Chi Minh City. An Australian institution, RMIT is known for its cutting-edge technology, science and design programs that provide plenty of practical training, research and hands-on practice. The modern Vietnam campus draws students particularly interested in STEM courses, Fashion, Digital Design (like 3D animation), Business, Communications, and Hospitality and Tourism. Outside of class, you’ll become immersed in the buzzing city that blends Chinese and French Colonial influences with contemporary Vietnamese culture while living with other TEAN students in sleek serviced apartments. Explore Ho Chi Minh’s incredible food scene, experience life in the tropics, have the chance to conveniently travel further afield to the rest of Southeast Asia and more!
Live and study in Ho Chi Minh City – one of the fastest-growing economies in all of Asia making it a particularly exciting and dynamic place to be
Benefit from the expert instruction at RMIT University, known for it’s spacious, modern campus
Take advantage of studying STEM subjects as well as Digital Design, Business, Communications, and Hospitality and Tourism alongside local students in English
Participate in TEAN’s comprehensive 4-day Orientation program upon arrival, including a city tour, welcome dinner, cultural activities and informative sessions designed to help you feel adjusted and ready to jump into your semester in Vietnam
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Ho Chi Minh City Resident Director and other in-country staff for continued support throughout the semester
Live in modern serviced apartments complete with a swimming pool
Explore the country’s unique culture, environment and cuisine throughout your stay - the food is incredible!
Be introduced to this engaging country with our exclusive four-day Orientation Program. Combining informative academic sessions with introductory cultural experiences, each activity helps students ease into their semester abroad. Over the four days, we provide helpful information to prepare you for the semester, including tips on cultural customs, how to seek medical support, be prepared academically and other matters to ensure you have a successful semester.
Providing a soft landing into Southeast Asia, upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City you will be transported to your accommodation, where you will meet up with other TEAN students. Over the next four days, experience sensory overload as you head out on a half-day architecture and history walking tour with stops at some of the city’s most iconic sites, savor a welcome dinner of delicious Vietnamese cuisine and explore more of the region with cultural activities like a Mekong Delta boating trip or cooking course. For these first few days in the country you won’t need to think about meals or transport, as we have it all sorted for you!
Students will live with other TEAN students in new high-rise serviced apartments. Just 1.5 miles from campus, you can reach the school by a leisurely walk or quick bus ride. Along with comfortable rooms, the complex also boasts a pristine pool and several attached shops to make errands easy.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in Vietnam, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Throughout your semester you will meet with the Vietnam Resident Director for informal discussions and excursions. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.
TEAN Cultural Events
Dive deep into the culture with three immersive cultural events organised during the semester. Ranging from a day trip to the unique Cu Chi Tunnels, sporting events like soccer or badminton, arts and handicraft workshops, cooking classes and more, the included events will always be different but always show various side’s of the country’s interesting history and current conditions.
About RMIT University Vietnam
- Founded in Australia in 1887, the RMIT University is known as a global university of technology and design and was the first international university in Vietnam established in 2000.
- RMIT has a reputation for providing practical education, training and research. Programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure graduates are employable.
- Learning outcomes and assessments for courses taught at RMIT’s Vietnam campus are academically equivalent to those of RMIT Melbourne.
- Students are taught by leading experts in their fields emphasizing international best practices, classroom learning experiences, self-directed and peer learning.
- This institution has some of the best facilities in Vietnam with a modern campus, green spaces, a state-of-the-art sport and recreation center and more making it similar to what students would find at a U.S. campus.
RMIT’s Saigon South campus is located in Ho Chi Minh City, approximately 4 miles from the city centre.View Map
Courses are available in the below disciplines. Students enroll in 3 – 4 courses per semester, which usually transfers as 12 – 16 U.S. semester credits. All classes listed below are taught in English. Students can search course options online. Specify Saigon South campus and Semester 1 or 3 when searching.
|Communications & Media||
|Visual, Performing Arts & Design||
- 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation.
- Freshmen and/or students attending a two-year institution may be considered on a case by case basis.
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from May for Spring applications, and from January for Fall applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
|Spring Deadline||Nov 1|
|Fall Deadline||Aug 1|
|Arrival Date||Early Oct|
|TEAN Orientation||Oct 4||Oct 6|
|Housing Move-In||Oct 3|
|University Orientation||Oct 7|
|Classes Begin||Oct 12|
|Classes End||Jan 2|
|Program Ends||Jan 16|
*These dates are tentative. Final dates will be released closer to the fall semester.
|Arrival Date||Feb 8|
|TEAN Orientation||Feb 8||Feb 11|
|University Orientation||Feb 12|
|Classes Begin||Feb 17|
|Classes End||May 10|
|Exam Period||May 13||May 25|
|Program Ends||May 26|
*These dates are tentative and final program dates will be posted later this year.
|Arrival Date||Oct 4|
|TEAN Orientation||Oct 5||Oct 8|
|University Orientation||Oct 9|
|Classes Begin||Oct 14|
|Classes End||Jan 4|
|Program Ends||Jan 5|
Fess & Inclusions
Tuition, program fees and off-campus housing = $11,900
Tuition, program fees and off-campus housing = $11,900
- Full tuition (4 courses)
- Guaranteed pre-arranged, off-campus housing
- Wireless internet access in housing
- Overseas health insurance, plus evacuation and repatriation insurance
- Services of local Resident Director in Vietnam
- Orientation Program with meals, accommodations and transportation
- Local SIM card
- Cultural events and TEAN catch ups during the semester
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Help with student visa preparation
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception
- Arrival packet containing local information about host city and university
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,200-1,800)
- Student visa ($100)
- Books ($200)
- Meals during the semester ($700)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Receive money to study abroad starting at $1,000 by applying to TEAN scholarships. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!