Semester at RMIT Vietnam (for Vietnamese students)
TEAN has joined with RMIT University to offer Vietnamese students who typically attend a U.S. university a unique semester in their home country and stay on track for graduation. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect international travel and schooling, this program allows Vietnamese students who are currently in Vietnam and cannot easily return to their U.S. studies to continue earning credit toward their degree. An Australian institution, RMIT is known for its cutting-edge technology, science and design programs that provide plenty of practical training, research and hands-on practice. The modern Ho Chi Minh City campus draws students particularly interested in STEM courses, Fashion, Digital Design (like 3D animation), Business, Communications, and Hospitality and Tourism.
Stay on track to graduate without having to worry about visas and travel
Benefit from the expert instruction at RMIT University, known for its spacious, modern campus and small class sizes
Available only to visiting Vietnamese students, classes will be delivered in-person by RMIT faculty in Ho Chi Minh City during the regular Fall semester beginning in October.
Take advantage of studying STEM, Digital Design, Business, Communications, and Hospitality and Tourism alongside local students in English
Benefit from access to TEAN’s Ho Chi Minh City Resident Director for continued support throughout the semester
RMIT University Vietnam
About RMIT University Vietnam
- Founded in Australia in 1887, RMIT University is known as a global university of technology and design and was the first international university in Vietnam established in 2000.
- RMIT has a reputation for providing practical education, training and research. Programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure graduates are employable.
- Learning outcomes and assessments for courses taught at RMIT’s Ho Chi Minh City campus are academically equivalent to those of RMIT Melbourne.
- Students are taught by leading experts in their fields emphasizing international best practices, classroom learning experiences, self-directed and peer learning.
- This institution has some of the best facilities in Vietnam with a modern campus, green spaces, a state-of-the-art sport and recreation center and more making it similar to what students would find at a U.S. campus.
RMIT’s Saigon South campus is located in Ho Chi Minh City, approximately 4 miles from the city centre.View Map
Courses are available in the below disciplines. Students enroll in 3 – 4 courses per semester, which usually transfers as 12 – 16 U.S. semester credits. All classes listed below are taught in English. Students can search course options online. Specify Saigon South campus and Semester 1 or 3 when searching.
|Communications & Media||
|Visual, Performing Arts & Design||
Our team works with students from start to finish throughout the study abroad process. Our U.S.-based programs staff will help guide students through the application process and students will meet our Resident Director in Vietnam who will provide assistance during the semester. Our staff is readily available and able to assist students with any questions or issues that they may face during the semester.
Students will have a half-day orientation and campus tour with TEAN’s Resident Director.
Accommodation is currently not included in the program fee but a list of recommended housing options will be provided for students to organize independently.
- 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation.
- Freshmen and/or students attending a two-year institution may be considered on a case by case basis.
Program Dates and Fees
|Classes Begin||Oct 12|
|Classes End||Jan 2|
|Program Ends||Jan 16|
*These dates are tentative. Final dates will be released closer to the fall semester.
Contact your home university for program pricing.
Students applying independently of their schools should contact us for pricing.
- Tuition for 3 or 4 courses
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Services of local Resident Director in China