There are infinite ways to learn something new while we stay at home to keep … Read more
Summer in Vietnam
Spend the summer studying one immersive course at the first international university in Vietnam while living in the country’s vibrant, multicultural heart of Ho Chi Minh City. An Australian institution, RMIT is known for its cutting-edge technology, science and design programs that provide plenty of practical training, research and hands-on practice. The modern Vietnam campus draws summer students particularly interested in art, design and photography. Outside of class, you can discover the city that blends Chinese and French Colonial influences with contemporary Vietnamese culture while living with other TEAN students in sleek serviced apartments. Explore Ho Chi Minh’s incredible food scene, get to know your local peers and even travel further afield to the rest of Southeast Asia.
Live and study in Ho Chi Minh City – one of the fastest-growing economies in all of Asia making it a particularly exciting and dynamic place to be
For the summer, take 1 course over 3 weeks where you will be studying in English alongside local students
Benefit from the expert instruction RMIT University, an Australian institution, is known for amongst a spacious, modern campus
Participate in TEAN’s Orientation program upon arrival, including a city tour, welcome dinner and informative sessions designed to help you feel adjusted and ready to jump into your summer in Vietnam
Appreciate access to TEAN’s Ho Chi Minh City Resident Director and other in-country staff for continued support throughout the semester
Live in modern serviced apartments complete with a swimming pool
Explore the country’s unique culture, environment and cuisine throughout your stay - the food is incredible!
Hit the ground in Ho Chi Minh City running with an immersive 1-day Orientation Program that includes moving into your home for the summer, a welcome dinner, summer overview and fun city tour.
Students will live with other TEAN students in new high-rise serviced apartments. Just 1.5 miles from campus, you can reach the school by a leisurely walk or quick bus ride. Along with comfortable rooms, the complex also boasts a pristine pool and several attached shops to make errands easy.
Our team works with you start to finish through the study abroad process. Our programs staff will help guide you through the application process to go abroad, then upon arrival in Vietnam, you will meet our team who will provide assistance during your time in-country. Throughout your semester you will meet with the Vietnam Resident Director for informal discussions and excursions. Our staff is readily available and able to assist you with any academic, social, or cultural questions or issues that you may face during your time abroad.
Get to know the city more with an included cultural event sometime during the summer. Possible excursions can range from a day trip to the unique Cu Chi Tunnels, sporting events like soccer or badminton, arts and handicraft workshops, cooking classes and more.
About RMIT University Vietnam
- Founded in Australia in 1887, the RMIT University is known as a global university of technology and design and was the first international university in Vietnam established in 2000.
- RMIT has a reputation for providing practical education, training and research. Programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure graduates are employable.
- Learning outcomes and assessments for courses taught at RMIT’s Vietnam campus are academically equivalent to those of RMIT Melbourne.
- Students are taught by leading experts in their fields emphasizing international best practices, classroom learning experiences, self-directed and peer learning.
- This institution has some of the best facilities in Vietnam with a modern campus, green spaces, a state-of-the-art sport and recreation center and more making it similar to what students would find at a U.S. campus.
RMIT’s Saigon South campus is located in Ho Chi Minh City, approximately 4 miles from the city centre.View Map
Students enroll in 1 course for the summer program, which usually transfers as 3 – 4 U.S. semester credits. All classes are taught in English.
To request syllabi for the below courses, complete this form.
- Vietnamese Photography Studio: Ho Chi Minh City through the Lens
- An Introduction to Contemporary Vietnamese Fine Art
- 2.5 GPA.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation.
- Freshmen and/or students attending a two-year institution may be considered on a case by case basis.
Dates, Fees & Inclusions
TEAN has a rolling admissions process. We recommend submitting your application anytime from January for Summer applications. Late applications may be considered. Contact TEAN if the application deadline has passed.
Summer 2021 Dates*
|Application Deadline||April 1|
|Arrival Date||Late June|
*These dates are tentative. Final dates will be released closer to departure.
Summer 2020 Program Fees
Tuition, program fees and off-campus housing $3,950
- Full tuition (1 course)
- Guaranteed pre-arranged, off-campus housing
- Wireless internet access in housing
- Overseas health insurance, plus evacuation and repatriation insurance
- Services of local Resident Director in Vietnam
- 1-Day Orientation Program
- Local SIM card
- 1 cultural event during the summer
- University and course selection advice
- Official academic transcripts from host institution
- Credit approval and transfer assistance
- Academic advising
- Help with student visa preparation
- Financial aid transfer planning
- Airport pickup and reception
- Arrival packet containing local information about host city and university
- Host university orientation
- A truly one of a kind adventure!
What’s Not Included
- International airfare ($1,200-1,800)
- Student visa ($65)
- Meals during the summer ($200)
- Travel insurance ($350)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Apply for TEAN scholarships – starting at $1,000 – for the chance to receive money specifically for studying abroad. Each year we award thousands of dollars in need- and merit-based scholarships, diversity scholarships, a full ride scholarship and more. Visit our scholarships page for details!