Australian Education International (AEI) was established in 1992 to enhance the bilateral relationship between Australia and the U.S. and Canada by fostering all forms of educational links as well as by supporting the study of Australia in North America. The AEI was created to provide a source of information on Australian Higher Education for students, faculty and the general public.
NAFSA (Member) promotes the exchange of students and scholars to and from the United States. The organization shares a belief that international educational exchange advances learning and scholarship, builds respect among different peoples and encourages constructive leadership in a global community.
The Forum on Education Abroad is an association whose exclusive purpose is to serve the field of education abroad. The association is self-perpetuating. Its members are educational institutions, consortia, agencies, organizations and individuals that provide, direct or manage educational opportunities in the field of education abroad.
Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) is the world’s largest association of higher education sustainability professionals. AASHE is a community dedicated to ensuring that our world’s future leaders are motivated and equipped to solve sustainability challenges. AASHE membership demonstrates our commitment toward empowering higher education to lead the sustainability transformation.
Asia Pacific Association for International Education (APAIE) is an international non-profit organization whose goal is to activate and reinforce the internationalization of higher education in the Asia Pacific region.
Lessons From Abroad (LFA) seeks to help students make sense of their education abroad experience after they have returned home. The organization offers programming, resources and research that establishes a community of learners who successfully integrate their international experience in all facets of their academic, personal and professional lives. TEAN is a platinum sponsor for the organization and sponsored its LFA Internship position.
Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) TEAN is a member of Sports Medicine Australia and partner with SMA on a number of ways to deliver Sports Medicine and Exercise Science programs.. Sports Medicine Australia is Australia’s peak national umbrella body for the prevention of lifestyle diseases through sports medicine, sports science and injury prevention. Sports Medicine Australia is widely acknowledged internationally as the world’s leading multidisciplinary sports medicine body.
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) TEAN is a member of The American College of Sports Medicine. We network extensively within ACSM with both faculty-seeking international programs as well as student members interested in study abroad opportunities.
Charity and Community
TEAN is a proud donor to several organizations worldwide. It is important for us to support local charities not only within the communities we live, but also within the communities where our programs are hosted.
- Chiara Home (South Bend, Indiana) – Chiara Home is a not-for-profit organization that provides out-of-home respite care services for people with special needs.
- PEPY (Cambodia) – PEPY is both an international non-governmental organization, registered in the USA and Cambodia, PEPY, and an educational adventure and service-learning tour operator. PEPY Tours helps to fund education programs while inspiring change in the way people travel. TEAN subsidizes PEPY Tours for their participants to encourage travel to Cambodia and promote socially responsible tourism.
- Yeshiva Centre (Sydney, Australia) – TEAN is a strong supporter of the Yeshiva Centre. Based in Bondi, the center is one of the finest educational and welfare institutions in Australia. Since 1956, the organization has greatly impacted the surrounding community with its welfare services, day schools and kindergartens, communal kitchen, outreach activities, adult education programs and an emergency services chaplaincy department.
- Thai Freedom House (Chiang Mai, Thailand) – Thai Freedom House is an independent, non-profit, language and arts community-learning center in Northern Thailand. They are dedicated to assisting families and individuals who are refugees from Burma and members of minority groups in Thailand. TEAN students studying in Thailand get the opportunity to visit the organization during the semester to learn more about its work. Proceeds from the 2014 the NAFSA TEAN Fun Run also further supported this organization.
- South Bend Center for the Homeless (South Bend, Indiana) – By offering the best resources in the South Bend community to the people who need them the most, the Center for the Homeless provides their guests with the hope and tools they need to break the cycle of homelessness and do miraculous things with their lives.
- The Melissa Cook Memorial Foundation (Indiana) – A non-profit organization created to make post-secondary education possible to low income students, The Melissa Cook Memorial Foundation provides need-based scholarships to students who best embody the spirit and characteristics of Melissa Cook.
- Adopt-A-Family (South Bend, Indiana) – Adopt-A-Family provides food, clothing, toys and gifts for low-income families in the Greater South Bend area during the holidays.
- Chicago Food Depository – As part of our TEAN Holiday Party, our team took an evening to volunteer together at the Chicago Food Depository. They supply food to 650 member agency Soup Kitchens, Shelters, Pantries, and Programs. Our group helped provide meals for 25,800 people.
- American Red Cross – Various donations to Red Cross Disaster Relief Funds