If you’ve done any research on the country of New Zealand then you know that multiple sources have described it as the adventure capital of the world. Bungee jumping, canyoning, and skydiving are just some of the few activities that this country has to offer. However, what about scuba diving?
Asia-Pacific has some great locations to dive whether you chose to do a pre-semester excursion with TEAN, or just travel on your own, these are definitely some sites you need to hit. The best part is that if you go through TEAN to Fiji then they will help organize the scuba diving trip for you. If you’re planning on scuba diving then consider this list of some of the best places to go.
With the help of Dive The World here is a list of some of the top dive sites in Fiji.
- Paradise Cove, Yasawa Islands
- Somosomo Strait, Taveuni Island
- Great Astrolabe Reef, Kadavu
- Beqa Lagoon
- Sonaisali Island
A list provided by the PADI, and some consultation with my friends here are top dive sites in New Zealand.
- Poor Knights Islands, near Whangarei, North Island
- Rainbow Warrior, a ship wreck in the Auckland Harbour, North Island
- Riwaka Caverns, near Nelson, South Island
- White Island, off the coast of Whakatane, North Island
- HMNZS Wellington, North Island
Tips provided by Dive The World on the top dive sites in Australia.
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Yongala shipwreck, Queensland
- Holmes Reef, Coral Sea
- Navy Pier, Western Australia
- Christmas Island, off the coast of Perth
Kirsty Cowie is a student at The Pennsylvania State University and a TEAN Featured Blogger. She is currently studying abroad with TEAN in Wellington, New Zealand.