Seeing our New Zealand students share photos from their semester abroad, we can’t help but think that it’s possibly one of the world’s most “Instagramable” countries. We’ve rounded up some of our favorites so you too can see why you should study abroad in New Zealand.
1. You can camp at the foot of snowcapped mountains by pristine lakes
2. And stargaze where the stars shine the brightest
“Stars shine bright across the dark sky after a long and steep day hike to the top of Avalanche Peak and back in Arthur’s Pass National Park, New Zealand.” Congrats @drewcastellaw from Western Washington University, our Fall 2014 Photo Contest overall winner. #TEANabroad A photo posted by TEAN Study Abroad (@teanabroad) on
3. Because your weekend looks like this…
4. And studying looks like this…
A good book with the best view of Auckland. #love #newzealand A photo posted by Austin (@abass18) on
5. And school field trips look like this…
6. Because of LOTR. Enough said.
Explore Study Abroad Programs in New Zealand
7. Because hiking looks like this…
Hiking to beautiful Piha Beach on Auckland’s west coast. The black iron sand is from the eruption of Taupo about 26,500 years ago. Piha is known as one of the best spots in NZ for experienced surfers. Safety tip: There are strong currents at Piha – only swim between the flags. Great pic by @annabarger_ UMass Amherst who is studying abroad in Auckland. #TEANabroad #Piha #Auckland #TEANauckland
8. And this…
Except the Kiwis don’t call it hiking, it’s “tramping”
The Tongariro Northern Circuit – my 2nd (and 3/4) great walk. Started our 21.something km walk at 3:30 PM and got to our hut at 10:something PM. What a walk. The Tongariro National Park was declared a World Heritage site in 1990 and the first national park in New Zealand with most recent volcano eruptions in 2012!
A photo posted by @tiffyoung_ on
9. Plus the campuses are as beautiful as the landscapes
The beautiful Otago University campus. Thanks for sharing @hml1021. #dunedin #newzealand #dunners A photo posted by TEAN Study Abroad (@teanabroad) on
10. Because your Instagrams will never need extra edits. #nofilter
New Zealand pics rarely need a filter! Lake Matheson, South Island. Great pic by @elizabethclarke50, #TEANperth. #nofilter A photo posted by TEAN Study Abroad (@teanabroad) on
11. And because it’s not just about the mountains
You’ll find out that the beaches are just as beautiful
And even when you’re at the beach… you’re never too far from a mountain
Nothing like pitching your tent in the dark and waking up to beach and snow capped mountain views. Aaah #NewZealand! Thanks @mkibbler for sharing! A photo posted by TEAN Study Abroad (@teanabroad) on
12. Because the locals are the friendliest people you’ll ever meet
Unless you’re playing rugby against the national team, the All Blacks #intimidating
All Blacks Haka before the game. #allblacks #newzealand A video posted by Austin (@abass18) on
13. Because you’ll face your fears and have the courage to conquer them
14. And because it will be the best 4 months of your life that you’ll never want to forget.
What I would give to go back to #NewZealand and have epic moments like this. #tbt #seal #pups #WhararikiBeach #SouthIsland #studyabroad #teanabroad #takemeback A photo posted by Brad Miner (@bmminer9) on