Fall 2016 (14-week Program)
- Program Fee: $4,725
- Mandatory Program Housing Fee: $5,810
Spring 2017 (14-week Program)
- Program Fee: $4,725
- Mandatory Program Housing: $5,810
Summer 2017 (8-Week Program)
- Program Fee: $3,325
- Optional Program Housing Fee: $2,560
Staying in TEAN housing is only optional for the Summer Internship program.
- Internship Placement
- Guaranteed, pre-arranged housing including internet
- Four-day Great Barrier Reef excursion
- Services of local TEAN support staff
- Three-day Orientation Program with meals, excursions, accommodations and transportation
- Cultural events and catch ups during the semester such as attending a rugby match
- Pre departure preparation including flight booking, visa and insurance advisement
- Airport pickup and reception upon arrival
- Extensive professional development exercises both during the pre departure period and upon re-entry
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International airfare ($2,250)
- Domestic airfare in U.S. ($500)
- Meals during the semester ($1,900)
- Travel Insurance
- Cost to commute to/from the internship site
- New Zealand Visa (approx $400)
*Numbers are estimated based on previous student experience and budget. Actual amounts will vary depending on student.
Because of visa regulations, all internships are unpaid. Loans, scholarships and grants may be available depending on the type of internship program you undertake. In addition, check with your home institution for the availability of financial assistance and whether any current financial aid can be applied to this program.
A USD$500 program deposit will be required to begin the internship allocation process. This deposit will be credited towards the final program fee. In addition, all participants using TEAN housing will be subject to a refundable housing deposit of USD$350 (less damages and/or cleaning fees.)
Payment Deadline Requirements
To participate on TEAN’s Internship program, students must pay all fees in full by the set deadlines. Deadlines will be outlined throughout the enrollment process, with final payments due no later than one month (four weeks) before the program start date.
Internship Refund Policy
- If the applicant cancels after they have paid the program deposit and both before they are offered an internship placement and before the application deadline: $100 cancellation fee.
- If the applicant cancels after they have paid the program deposit and before they are offered an internship placement, but after the application deadline: $200 cancellation fee.
- If the applicant cancels after they are offered a placement and more than 60 days prior to the program start date: $500 cancellation fee.
- If the applicant cancels more than 48 hours after they are offered a placement, 35-60 days prior to the program start date: $1,000 cancellation fee.
- If the applicant cancels more than 48 hours after they are offered a placement, 17-35 days prior to program start date: 60% of the program fee and corresponding housing fee is non-refundable.
- Sixteen days or less prior to program start date, or after program start date: 100% of the program fee and corresponding housing fee is non-refundable.