One thing I definitely recommended, and something I regret not doing, is taking advantage of the mid-semester breaks that are offered by TEAN. Multiple of my friends travelled to Thailand and the South Island of New Zealand for a week and have all described it as the highlight of their semester. Asia Pacific offers so many different ways to spend your break so if you can’t manage to travel with TEAN there is still plenty to do. Here are ten adventures to embark on during your mid-semester break.
1. Visit a beautiful temple in Thailand while wearing elephant pants
2. Spend your morning walking from Bondi to Coogee Beach
Thanks for a great day @julessssv #TEANabroad A photo posted by Kirsty (@klcowie42) on
3. Explore the South Island of New Zealand with new TEAN friends
4. Race on a speed boat through the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand
You know.. just another day in paradise. Study abroad..or a long vacation? Couldn’t tell ya! #TEANabroad A photo posted by Ana Nicole Fakiris
5. Conquer the Franz Josef Glacier in New Zealand
6. Learn to surf in Bali
7. Take a selfie with a kangaroo in Sydney
Just your casual Kangaroo selfie. #katiethekangaroo #fortheweek #jack #katiethekiwi #teanabroad A photo posted by Katie Fulton (@katiethekiwi) on
8. Bungy jump off of the highest commercial jump in New Zealand
9. Bathe an elephant in Thailand at the elephant sanctuary near Chiang Mai
10. Watch the sun rise at Totaranui Beach in New Zealand
A photo posted by TEAN Study Abroad (@teanabroad) on
Kirsty Cowie is a student at The Pennsylvania State University and a TEAN Featured Blogger. She is currently studying abroad with TEAN in Wellington, New Zealand.